No 1 – Let people know
At this difficult time, it is very important to keep your website up to date – make it clear:
- Are you open, what hours? Will you go out to jobs?
- What precautions are you taking to keep everyone safe?
Spring clean your website
Look at your website as a customer would and ask:
- Is it correct and up-to-date (e.g. dead links?)
- Can people find the information they need?
- Do they know what they need to do – ‘calls to action’
- Is it clear concise and easy to read and informative?
- Have you got recent testimonials?
- Are your key words used? These are the words that you think people will use to search for your products/services. If you want to know how to do this, contact AKP Web Services.
Accessibility, Security and ‘Legals’
Key points to check:
- Does it perform properly on all devices e.g. mobiles, tablets, laptops, PCs
- Do your images have ‘alt’ descriptions for screen readers
- Has your website got an SSL certificate (the padlock)
- Secure reputable hosting- plus backups.
Joining up with Social Media
- Does it link through to your social media – whatever you use: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter **
- Are you active on that Social media
- Do you quote your website address when you post
- E.g. you could put “for more detail see https://www.pr-surrey.co.uk/blog/”
- Do you have a ‘News’ feed back onto your website?
**All this is FREE – ask your website people
Other Thoughts and ideas
- Have you thought about a blog for hints and tips
- Or an FAQ section?
- If you are thinking of selling online, will that be some or all products / slightly different products or services. This needs careful thought: platform, prices, payment gateway, deliveries.